Monday, November 28, 2016

What the FOCUS are you talking about?!



Are you in it to win it?

Mindset is so critical. I learned from Darren Hardy, former publisher of Success magazine, who offers free daily words of wisdom through darrendaily.com each morning. "Getting better and better every day," is his mantra. It is something I say to myself as a reminder that I am improving and accomplishing my goals little by little. However, I found that when my main goal revolved around making myself happy before taking action, it resulted in quite an unproductive day. It was only when I began to take action, check off tasks, and move closer to my goals that the belief system stayed in place.

Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin group, maintained clarity and kept the group's attention on the important task at hand. Every time someone in the group had an idea that was not relevant to the current goal, Richard Branson would say, "What the FOCUS are you talking about?"
Distractions are everywhere, especially in today's hi-tech world. The difference between the average and the phenomenal is the ability to discern what is a distraction and what is dire for the current goal to be completed.

So, where is your focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment